Saturday, February 12, 2011

Mega-Sized

Back with another card to participate in PTIs anniversary festivities and today the challenge is to create a mega-sized project. I thought it would be fun to make a large flower as my focal point using the Up, Up and Away die. I am sure someone has done this in the past, but it is so fun to make flowers out of other shapes, like hot air balloons!


After I diecut the balloons, I kind of rolled the larger ends to give them a more "flowery" feel.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies~
All PTI unless noted
Paper: Fine Linen, Kraft, Distressed Dotts in Scarlet Jewel
Ink: Plum Pudding
Stamps: Friends (Michael's $1 Bin)
Other: True Black Button, Up, Up and Away Die, Double Ended Banner Die, Simply Chartreuse Felt, Lemondrop Baker's Twine (Twinery), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Rhinestones

8 comments:

Jeanne said...

Your card really caught my eye! Love the graphics and the way that you did your flower. Great color selections, too!

Kay D said...

Great use of those dies- makes for one big and beautiful flower!

Jen Adcock said...

Wow! Talk about innovative. This is a fantastic card, hands down. I would have never thought to make a bloom using the ballon dies. It totally works so well. This is a real "must try" Thanks so much for sharing your lovely card and for the inspiriation.

Robin said...

How clever - I didn't know they were balloons until you mentioned it. Very creative.

StephH said...

If you don't win, you might get "best creative use of a die" - how very ingenious of you. Beautiful big flower!

Erica said...

Great use of the balloon die! Love that big flower!

Elena said...

I did a double-take when I read that it was the balloon die! Time to break mine out - thx for the inspiration!

Kara said...

love that flower..wow!