Friday, February 25, 2011

February PTI Blog Hop


"This month we decided to dedicate the Blog Hop to scallops! We want to see your best use of scallops, of any sort, on a project! This can include scalloped borders, offset-scallops, stamped scallops, scalloped mats, scalloped frames, layered scallops, scalloped tags or anything else you can dream up! You can use dies, patterned scissors or even circle punches in a row to achieve your special look. We are looking forward to seeing all of your amazing creations!"

Time again for the PTI Blog Hop!! Here is my scalloped card:


It is a little hard to see, but I used the medium sized scallop die on the bottom of my card and was thrilled to discover that the little images from Tag Its #1 fit so nicely in each scallop. I used a yellow/orange copic to give the candles a little spark! :)

It was also fun to find out how well the Think Big Stamps paired with the Fillable Frame Die!
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Hopping!

Supplies~
All PTI unless noted
Paper: Royal Velvet, Bitty Dot Basics in Lavender Moon
Ink: Fresh Snow, Tuxedo Black Dye Ink (Tsukineko)
Stamps: Think Big Favorites #1, Tag Its #1
Other: Fillable Frame #5  Die, Medium Scalloped Border Die, Double Ended Banner Die, Simply Chartreuse Felt, Copics, Dimensional Adhesive

15 comments:

Lea L. said...

How cute are the birthday cakes in their own little scallop?! Great job! ♥♥♥

Jen Carter said...

Such a cute idea to stamp the image in the scallops!!

Kay D said...

I love the scalloped edge on your card, and how you fit those sweet little cakes in there!

Linda said...

What a great idea to use those cakes in the scallops. Note to self: Add Tag Its to ever growing list. Thanks for the inspiration!

kari bell said...

cute card. i didn't know the Think Big fit into the Fillable Frames, now I "have" to buy them.

Laurie said...

Too cute! Love the cakes in the scallops!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

What a great card! Love the cakes!

Christina said...

What a great discovery! Very cute idea for those little birthday cakes. I love the felt banner strip!

Linda Suarez said...

Cute card! Clever idea putting the birthday cake in the scallops! Great job!

Suzanne said...

Super duper cute! I love that little cake stamp!

Becky Carafa said...

I love the cakes in the scallops!

Kristii said...

Such a fun card!!!! Love the little cake stamp!!!

Diane Jaquay said...

How cute and clever, love the cakes stamped on your scallop border!!! Really FESTIVE card!

Ohhh Snap said...

Beautiful card, and I wouldn't need my glasses to read it :D. TFS!

Laurie HIMCR said...

Great card!! Love the cakes in the scallops!!